Rhode island was known, in Colonial times, as The Place of the Otherwise Minded. We were the first colony to welcome and accept all religions and faiths to our shores. WEDDING PARTY NEWPORT carries on that illustrious tradition.
Ceremonies have also been performed at The Carnegie Center in Washington, DC, Von Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont, Fort Barton in Tiverton, RI, Palm Beach in Florida, Colt State Park in Bristol, RI.
Whether you choose a simple backyard wedding with a BarBQue, at the family farm, a wedding on a rock just off shore from Atlantic Beach Club(because that is where you celebrated your proposal), on a boat like The Adirondack or dressed up in Militia garb or as a Knight and his lady at King Richard’s Faire (because you are re-enactors), I believe that however and wherever you seek to express LOVE is a SACRED PLACE and I am ready to help you express your Unique Soul Vision.
An experience like no other, to match a love like no other.
A deeply meaningful ritual that goes beyond mind and body.
Your future together, starts here.
Apply for the marriage license in person
Both people must apply for the license in person and sign the application in the presence of a city or town clerk or his or her assistant. Please be sure to contact the city or town office where you will apply for the license to verify their identification requirements and hours open to the public.
Rhode Island residents:
* If both applicants live in Rhode Island, apply for the license from the city/town clerk of the residence of either applicant. The marriage license is valid in any city or town in Rhode Island and the couple may be married anywhere in Rhode Island.
* If one applicant lives in Rhode Island the license must be issued from that applicant’s city/town of residence.
* If neither applicant lives in Rhode Island, the marriage license must be obtained at the city or town clerk’s office where the ceremony will take place. Rhode Island law states that the marriage license is valid only in the city or town in which it was issued. If the ceremony is performed in a city or town other than where it was issued, the validity of the marriage may be in question.
Provide required identification and legal documents
Proof of Birth Facts and Identification
* Most cities and towns require certified copies of your birth certificates and a valid government issued picture ID.
* Please be sure to contact the city or town clerk where you will apply for the marriage license to verify their requirements and hours of operation.
Permit to Marry for Minors and Persons Under Legal Guardianship
* A Minor’s Permit to Marry must be completed for any applicant under the control of a parent or guardian if 16 or 17 years of age. The permit may be obtained from the city or town clerk where the license will be issued and should be signed and notarized in the presence of the city or town clerk issuing the license.
* Applicants under the age of 16 cannot get a marriage license in the state of Rhode Island without the approval of Family Court.
Proof That Previous Marriages, Civil Unions or Registered Domestic Partnerships Have Ended
* If either applicant has been previously married, civilly united or in a registered domestic partnership, and the previous marriage, civil union or registered domestic partnership ended in divorce, dissolution or death, that person must present a certified copy of the FINAL decree of divorce or dissolution, or a certified copy of the death certificate to the city or town clerk.
* The couple must give the license to the officiant.
* Any person who willfully and knowingly supplies false information intending that the information be used in the preparation of a marriage license shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both, pursuant to Section 23-3-28 of the RI General Laws.
Marriage licenses cost $24.
All Occasion DJs Manny Cabraal email@example.com 401-996-1670
Atlantic DJ Service djnewport.com 401-849-2829
LUKES DJ 401-323-1997 firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside the box Productions Corey Young 401-243-3101 www.djcoreyeyoung.co
Bialek’s Music www.bialeksmusic.com (DC) 301-340-6206
All Occasion Transportation www.alloccasionlimo.com
A-1 Car, Cab and Van 401-841-0411
Commonwealth Farm and Carriage 401-683-4504
Ken Gaus Personal Driving Service 401-487-8700 email@example.com
Lands End Limousine 401-847-4883 www.landsendlimo.net
The Valet Connection Karen West CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org 401-499-3898
The Adirondack II
Architect’s Inn, Newport
Belle Mer, Newport
Breton Point State Park
Castle Hill, Newport
Eastons Beach Carousel, Newport
Ocean Cliff, Newport
Rosecliff, Newport Preservation Society
Quidnesset Country Club, East Greenwich
Mt. Hope Farm, Bristol
The Carnegie Library, Washington, DC
The Roger Williams Park Casino, Providence
Belle Mer Newport 401-841-0330
Mt. Hope farm, Bristol 401-245-9070
Newport Vineyards 401-848-5161 (farm to table-wines local)
SIGHTSAILING OF NEWPORT (The Adirondack, The Aurora) 401-849-3333
Tillinghast Farm, Barrington 401-254-1746
Chelo’s Banquets and Catering 401-737-9909
Creative Cake Company www.newportcakes.com 401-862-9950
Diane’s Delectibles Cake Designer www.dianesdelectibles.com 401-732-0177
Newport Vineyards www.newportvineyard.com 401-848-5161
Le Petit Gourmet 401-619-3882 email@example.com
Celestial Cafe www.celestialcafe.us 401-295-5559 (farm to table)
Cozy Caterers 401-351-3111 www.cozycaterers.com (clam bake) Mis Fibz 401-246-3315 (funky)
Anne Lord Photography firstname.lastname@example.org 703-435-5292 (VA)
Artistic Wedding Video Group www.awvg.net 401-369-8438
Erick Brown Photography 401-440-2361
Jackie Nelson Photography 401-737-5500
Lisa Riordan Photography 401-218-5887 www.lisariordan.net
Livingstone Photography 401-231-7110
Rupert Whiteley Photography www.rjwphoto.com 401-648-1000
BLUE FLASH email@example.com 401-484-1818 (simple, romantic, outdoors)
Megan Gillard Photography 401-954-4672 firstname.lastname@example.org (candid) Candids by Kat 401-0316-3070 http://candidsbykat.com (outdoors)
Christopher Martel www.armorandmartel.com 401-480-3098
Serb Mayevsky sergmayphotography.com 786-309-7671 Matt Norris MGNorrisPhotos@gmail.com www.MGNorris.com (contemporary)
Dear Cris, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for doing our ceremony-when Bill and I first started talking about who should do it I thought of you right away--you've been totally great about helping us figure out what we want, and giving us ideas to work from. It's nice to know the person doing the ceremony personally-it makes it that much more special.
Cris, Thank you so much for performing a beautiful ceremony on such short notice for us! I especially loved the Celtic warrior blessing.
Dear Cris, I don't think we'll be able to thank you enough for the beautiful ceremony. It was my favorite part of the entire day. Thank you so much for making our day so special and memorable.
My personalized services include the following
FREE Consultation • Based on your unique needs, I can either create a personalized service for you or just assist in helping you write your vows • Rehearsal • Filing your license appropriately and on time • Assist you in find the appropriate support services and venue that comes within your budget